Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fogbelt_steve: Nice planting of chain ferns

Posted by thefreddo Redwoods in CA (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 4:13

HoustonPat and Fogbelt_Steve and all the other regular photo posters finally got me to show off a few pictures from my garden north of San Francisco not too far from the coast. I hope everyone enjoys them...

That's a Dicksonia fibrosa that's about 7 feet to the tips of the new fronds.

Shaded Wisteria in bloom May 7.

I have lots of pictures from my fern garden at Photobucket under the username thefreddo, for anyone who's interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of the ferns in my garden. (use the slideshow)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fogbelt_steve: Nice planting of chain ferns

They look really nice. I want to give you a fern. Do you grow redwood sorrel?

Here is a link that might be useful: my ferns

o

Tropical_thought:

I sent an email but I'm not sure it went out properly. If you don't hear from me, post here to let me know, and I'll think of another way to contact you.

Your tree fern has done well in the last few years.

Fred

o

Woodwardia orientalis is called the mother fern and it should have fern babies on the leaves, but when it does how do I plant them to make more ferns? I would be glad to share them as each leaf has like 1000 babies. But, this one is not doing so well. It was very pot bound and it may not feel like making babies for a while.

o

I wanted to update, it is still alive, but it taking a long time to get it improved. It is kind of making babies, but I don't want to waste energy doing so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here