Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nashonii

Mystery Mushroom

Nashonii
12 years ago

I posted a desire for this mushroom I.D. last week and haven't gotten any news so I'm reposting. (I need to know in case it's very poisonous or houses bad bugs!) I have been checking mushroom sites and haven't seen anything like what I have growing in my yard. Can some one please tell me whether it is a mushroom, or what it is?

It is shocking orange, 3"-4" tubular (larger at the bottom than the top), with a hole in the top, that gets larger with age. Sometimes I find one, sometimes I find 3+. Sometimes under plants, sometimes out in the open full sun. Made of mushroom material. We pulled one and found a sack at the end, but it didn't feel like anything inside.

I will try and post a photo, but the ground was too wet to get down on my knees for a better photo. I have not seen any bugs or insects coming out of it, although I wonder if it is a gate-way or birthing cannal for some.

Not getting the option to post photo here, but I have a photo with my first posting, under "Can anyone I.D. this mushroom". Please see it.

Sponsored