Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How fast does sagina moss grow?

Posted by lovegreenary none (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 13:19

I just bought a flat of sagina moss from Wal-Mart. I was wondering how fast it grows? And if I should plant them all in a one place or take it apart and plant them in different places? Thank you.
(I just joined the forum and not exactly sure where to post. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How fast does sagina moss grow?

It really isn't moss, just a fine normal flowering plant that stays low with very tiny leaves. Has very tiny flowers, which is cute.

It spreads if it likes the place it's at. Depends on moisture and sun. Not sure what you are going for but space them a foot apart to make a nice mat. It's reputation for being evergreen is overrated, depending on region and planting location.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here