Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catlover_gardener

My staghprn fell!!!!!!!

catlover_gardener
15 years ago

I have a huge staghorn fern hanging for the last eleven years from a bracket on my back patio wall. It has survived hurricanes, heavy rains, blistering sun, and heavy winds. It has several pups. While watering this pm, I turned to water another plant when I heard a groan behind me and turned to see it slowly loosening from the four pronged wire hanger that it had grown around over all these years, and falling to the ground. I couldn't believe it.

The weight of the water must have caused it to finally fall. Anyway, how do I reattach and rehang it back to the wall bracket which has a comma-shaped hook at the end of the bracket, without cutting into the plate-shaped pups that surround the whole ball shape. I don't want to leave it on the ground too long bz it will start to rot.

Hope I painted a vivid enough picture of the whole plant. I don't want to lose this plant, bz I have babied it for so long, and I am going to have to engage help from neighbours to lift it after I have decided how to rehang.

Comments (4)