Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for mushroom identification forum

Posted by francis_eric 5 Illinois (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 8:05

Today I have found some brick or blood red mushrooms under my bushes
that look as if they are covered in velvet.

That I would like to identify.
I have browsed around looking for a forum ,
and I have not been having luck .

I also found one that look like it was a amanita it had a ring on the stem, was white, and had pink gills.
(or Onrange gills, but it was a couple of weeks ago, and I can not remember, but I would of taken a picture of it if I were to post on a forum.)

I have tried doing spore prints, before so I would also put those on the forum
So if you know of a identification forum please let me know.

(I think the gills are yellow (the stem isn't red)
but Im not going to pull them up until I can get a camera with a USB cable.

I know I could post here, but I want to get into this
so I would pretty much post alot of pictures.

Before you give me a warning I should let you know
I know the hazards, and have ate edible plants for a a while.
I just thought I'd say something
so you wouldn't have to take the time to warn me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for mushroom identification forum

They sound very interesting but so far nothing like anything I'm familiar with off the cuff...if only GardenWeb would fix the 'Mushroom' forum so that it doesn't display 'ferns & mosses' people might have a better chance at your mystery mushroom....
Only need to post pic of the cap, gills, & stalk (no need to post 100 pics or anything); otherwise a description of spore print color and habitat (soil, mulch, trees nearby etc) Sounds like you know the drill.
HTH and look forward to hearing back

o

I have several small to medium sized mushrooms growing around my yard. They are a light orange color and have no defined shape, all are different. There is a very large old Live oak near by. Any Ideas?

o

If you go to www.indianamushrooms.com I think you'll be able to get a lot of good information. Ron Kerner is an expert at identifiying all types of mushrooms. Go to his site its very informative, plus if you have any questions, Ron will answer them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here