Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sigh, a newbie needing fern I.D.

Posted by jardin_de_maria (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 19, 09 at 7:42

Hi all. I know that sometimes, people on forums may get frustrated with newbies asking obvious answers, or answers that can be easily found elsewhere...however, I hope that you are all kind people because when I tried researching for a plant I.D. , the information was so overwhelming!

I'm also completely new to this game of gardening. I am hoping to grow a prayer garden.

I would like to replant this fern I found on our property. I would like to find the best ways to do this, because it seems very picky in its location, though it grows VERY abundantly where it does. First, I need to know what it is.

IMG
if you need a more detailed photo, click on this one. (disregard the plant on the top and the one on your right)

I live in a tropical climate and whether it rains or not is very unpredictable. It's also very humid here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sigh, a newbie needing fern I.D.

It doesn't appear to be a fern. But perhaps you should post this image in the Plant ID forum, where there are many true experts in plant identification.

Here is a link that might be useful: Let's get that plant identified, follow me!

o
RE: sigh, a newbie needing fern I.D.

ah, thanks for the link. i can definitely use it later. it is a fern, i think maybe i should just get a better photo of it. hopefully i will get a camera this weekend ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here