Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please ID mushroom

No idea, but those are really NICE pictures. Sorry. Cheryl

o

Thanks anyway.

I am hoping someone would tell me if they are edible.
I got them regularly on my lawn.

dcarch

o

No responsible person is likely to tell you whether or not a 'lawn' mushroom is edible or not by looking at a couple of images. And no one in their RIGHT mind would take that kind of advice to their saute pan. ;-) I mean, think about it! There are soooo many mushrooms with similar appearance that without the ability of examining them in person, an accurate identification cannot be guaranteed. Frankly, I might have been interested in identifying your mushoom if it were not for the fact that you are so interested in eating it! YIKES!

That's why no one has answered your post, I am guessing. Sorry. You should consider them non edible. Try to find a mycologist or mushroom collector in your area.

o

rhizo_1 ,

You are absolutely, 100% correct. I am very aware of the dangers regarding mushroom consumption. There is no possible way I will be eating anything until I am 1,000%, double, triple, verified by experts in the field of the type. Even then I will try it out on a friend first [just kidding :-) ].
I want to know if something is poisonous or possibly edible because I want to know not because I want to eat it.

Thanks for the response. Good advice.

dcarch

o

Great! Glad you clarified your interest! The 'I want to know' is something I totally understand and appreciate!

o

Think about this! My puppy just yesterday evening ate a mushroom from our backyard...He is at this time in the Vet Emergency recouping after a very bad reaction. Iv's, meds, and 650.00 later Thank God he is ok. He could of went into liver failure or kidney failure.
I will never eat a mushroom again, not even edible store bought! If you would of seen what my puppy went through you would never think of eating a yard mushroom! Now i need to find away to keep him away from them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here