Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whippet_lovers

ID'ing fern

whippet_lovers
16 years ago

I feel so stupid. I was in Lowes the other day, and saw these ferns. I got so nostalgic, because my Nana had them all over her house, and I hadn't seen them in ages. I know they aren't 'rare.' but like I said... hadn't seen one in many years. Unfortunately, the tag only said 'Assorted ferns. Full sun.' Well, I'm not the least knowlegeable about ferns, but I believe most of them do NOT like sun???

I've searched for pictures of ferns to try to ID it, but no luck. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to care for it? I can't figure out for the life of me, how to load the pic, so if this doesn't work, and you want to have a look at the picture, please email me and I'll send it to you. If the pic does load, it looks a bit like a springeri, but it isn't at all. It a VERY fine delicate feathery looking fern.

Thanks!

Comments (4)

• Iris GW
    16 years ago

You can upload a picture to photobucket.com (open a free account). Then copy the HTML tag line that photobucket provides and paste it here. When you preview your message, you should see the picture.

This forum does have a gallery section which allows you to upload a picture of 60K or less in size. Photobucket does not have a size restriction.

• whippet_lovers
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the instructions!... Hope this works. The fern has a very 'layered look.' Not fronds going everywhich way like a springerii or boston. Its very delicate and feathery.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:609580}}

• whippet_lovers
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Another picture

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:609581}}

• Judy_B_ON
    16 years ago

Looks like Asparagus Fern, which is not a true fern at all but a perennial with fern like foliage. Often used by florists in cut flower arrangements.

Here is a link that might be useful: Asparagus Fern

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County