Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerbrackob

Weeding Moss

flowerbrackob
18 years ago

I've read other particular folk's weeding their Green Acres; but I want to know how to Gently Remove the unwanted buggers growing in the moss. Many of the weeds have pretty strong roots and pull away a lot of my velvet. I do weed when it's moist of course and even use a fine paring knife to slip under the weed to try to remove it without tugging and destroying my treasured moss. What to do?????????? Please help me out kids...........Jaemy

Comments (5)

• judithjane
    18 years ago

Weeding the Moss Garden:

The two hand method works well for most weeds that can be pulled out. Place one hand flat on the ground with the weed between 2 fingers and pull with the other hand.

For grass, briars and weeds with strong roots, I cut them off at ground level with scissors. With no leaves to make food for the plant, the roots eventually die. You may have to cut back the same plant 2 or 3 times, but it doesn't tear up the moss and actually goes much faster than weeding and repairing.

Happy weeding......jjane

• frankiejg
    18 years ago

Hi, Im looking to get rid of moss on my back lawn, any suggestions.

• akheadbanger
    18 years ago

I beleive this form is more like wanting to keep the moss ;-) but try drying out the area, or some kind of weed killer? i dont know i think moss is very cool dont know why you would want to kill such a precious thing!
    (though i dont have any but i want some)

Cheers

• brandenr
    18 years ago

you can use a flat hean shuvle and make squar peaces from it and send it to me.............can you

• buffburd
    18 years ago

Another forum said that moss doesn't like to grow on fertile soil, maybe add some compost or fertilizer to your soil and reseed with grass or perennials.

I don't know about weeding moss, seems like a lot of work for a green carpet to me. Although I have nothing against moss, I prefer vegetables so far.

Sponsored