Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Killing weeds in my Scotch/Irish moss

Posted by qwiksilvertrav 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 20:28

Ok so I've searched the forums and it's said the Round up will work great to kill the weeds in my Scotch and Irish Moss and the Moss will survive just fine? Is this true?

I'm really frustrated right now with the weeds. I've been picking weeds and crabgrass ALL summer from my developing moss bed. In the process of ripping them out I rip up bits and pieces of the moss and it's roots. Now once perfectly healthy moss beds are turning brown. I was out of town for about 5 days and came back to a massive overtaking of weeds!!! And the MOST frustrating part is they weeds are only really growing through the moss beds! The bar soil is still bare!

So obviously I'm done with the manual picking...it's not working. Please tell me Round Up will work me wonders?? If not are there ANY other options other than hand picking?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Killing weeds in my Scotch/Irish moss

I have Preene right now but I read that will the Moss...although my wife uses it on our garden beds and the other plants were all just fine.

In anycase is there a specific type of roundup that I want to be using?

This post was edited by qwiksilvertrav on Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 20:49

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here