Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alcesalces_gw

polypodium aureum - slowly mysteriously dying?

alcesalces
14 years ago

I have what I'm pretty sure is a polypodium aureum that I adopted from the local campus greenhouse. It was severely underpotted when I got it, but grew a bunch of new fronds after I put it into a bigger pot. Now though, about two months later, the fronds seem to be falling off for no reason. They look fine, but end up on the floor when all I do is look at them. I had in in the bathroom until just recently, but moved it into the living room (more sunlight, none direct). The fronds that were on it when I got it have also mostly fallen off and died, which I wasn't worried about (figured it was stress from being moved here), but that the new fronds are dying makes me worry that the entire plant is dying. It was in a southern facing room that didn't get a huge amount of light, just got moved to a northern facing room, and I think I give it enough water. Haven't seen any bugs on it except for the miniature pillbug looking thing that probably came with it. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss at how to better care for this thing.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting