Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rainforestguy

Fertilizing Platyceriums

RainforestGuy
12 years ago

I have used many kinds of fertilizers and now have my favorites. I like GrowMore Liquid Seaweed and sometimes use Peter's soluble. I also get lazy and use Osmocote timed release fertilizers.

To get osmocote to stay in a mounted board used to be a problem. But I have used a small amount wrapped into an old nylon stocking and tied to the top of the board. This isa great help, especially with larger species that grow high in trees or above a greenhouse.

I get a small portion and tie sections of nylon stockings and secure them with a coated wire attached to the top of the mounting board.

{{gwi:612590}}

I find this very beneficial when watering, as they get fed with each watering. I have seen rapid results with growing these using this method. I find the stocking with osmocote to last about a year or more depending on how frequently you water your plants. I see the best results when we get torrential rains, as rainwater plus nutrients make fast growing steroid-induced plants.

Here is a sporeling P. madagascariense with a small ball of osmocote attached to the top of the mount board.

{{gwi:612592}}

The top of the board is to the right, with wire hanger just beyond the edge.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus