Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have I killed them

Posted by madferret UK 8b-9a (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 29, 11 at 6:21

I bought some shitake plugs last year and drilled some holes into some logs that came off a tree that dropped a few branches in a storm.

I've had them in various conditions from snow to hot dry weather mainly because I didn't have space to look after them properly. I also put them remaining plugs in some sawdust seaed in a plastic bag.

There's been no obvious signs of anything in either the bag or the logs. Should I redo them properly or should I wait even longer?

Regards
Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have I killed them

There is quite a bit of information about Shitake culture on the web. The attached link might be of interest to you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing shitake mushrooms

o

That's the only non forum link (or rehashes of thr same info) I've seen on shitake and it's not really relevant as I'm not interested in commercial or the history of shitakes nor am I living in Oklahoma.

I do however ask if anyone who has knowledge of actual growing of these mushrooms to give their personal experiences.

Thanks
Nick

o

I wish I could help you, Nick!

I have some friends who are looking into mushroom culture. Maybe they'll know.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here