Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whippet_lovers

light requirements for Plumosa

whippet_lovers
16 years ago

Well, the "Lowes Plant Princess" wound up with 10 huge hanging asparagus plumosa at a plant clearance at Lowes. I thought it would be simple to check care instructions on line, but to my dismay, it was all contradictory! I found everything from "low light" to "bright sun!" Bright sun?

Never knew ANY fern liked that??? Anyway, could some of ya'all give me some tips on care for these? Lighting? They are so feathery and beautiful. And yes, I know about the needle shed. I have high vaulted ceilings with skylights in my living/dining room area, so good lights there, and also a sunroom with lots of light. In the sunroom, I have large fish tanks, so good humidity. Since there is a fireplace in the living room that is our primary heat source, all my plants get dry fast. Any tips for helping? I mist until my hands cramp up. This year I am going to try the old cast iron kettle in tthe fire trick, if I can figure out a suitable way. Back home in Tennessee, we kept kettles on top of all the woodstoves, so no problem there. This will take some cogitation...

Thanks ya'all!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions