Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trista28_gw

selling moss

trista28
9 years ago

I have been picking moss for a well sized moss distributor who recently stopped taking as much as they were. I have to kids I'm a single parent and this is how I support us. Does anyone know other sellers that could be interested in hiring a free lance picker I have access to fern moss hair cap rock cap cushion moss sun moss and many others.if anyone knows anyone who may be interested I would greatly appreciate the leads. I don't know how to go about selling myself I would like to keep picking for a seller

Comments (14)

• zzackey
    9 years ago

The florist I used to work for used moss in some of their flower arrangements. I would try to sell it on Ebay.

• terrestrial_man
    9 years ago

Picking moss to support 2 kids and 1 adult is a hard way to make a living. The interest in growing moss or having moss as bedding in terrariums or as elements in dry flower arrangements is not a stable source of income.
    I would consider re-education in a trade that you find interest in as even by selling moss on ebay, your income is not likely to be sufficient to support your family.
    Good luck.

• cooperdr_gw
    9 years ago

Asides from Ebay you might have to go into landscaping or find a landscaper who uses it. There are people who want to have moss on their property but it might be tricky to transplant. You'd probably know how I guess.

This post was edited by CooperDR on Sun, Nov 16, 14 at 20:55

• diane_v_44
    9 years ago

trista

interesting your efforts to pick moss and be able to make a modest living with it
    I have the greatest admiration for people who think outside of "normal" for a way of making a living.

I just found you today as I am trying to find moss for sale Is not easy
    Wondered how you are doing and are you selling moss or could give me suggestions as to how to obtain some

• docmom_gw
    9 years ago

I would think picking moss and selling it would be illegal, certainly if you obtain it anywhere that is not your own property. I do respect your determination to support you and your family, but I'm also concerned that we preserve what natural habitat we have left.

Martha

• cooperdr_gw
    9 years ago

There are ways to pick moss sustainably. Not sure about the laws on other peoples property. You shouldn't take a bulldozer and remove an entire patch of moss. That happened where I lived because of these foresters cutting down trees. It never grew back.

• cybersecretary
    8 years ago

is shipping wild moss across state lines a good idea? i know states do not want fire wood moved because of invasive bugs.

• Annie Montgomery
    6 years ago

I too am also looking for a wholesale buyer who buys larger amounts of moss on a continuous basis. I also can supply ferns, driftwood and pine cones. If you know of anyone Id Love to hear from you. Thanks!

• Jennifer Dotson
    4 years ago

To anyone interested in buying moss and lichen please reply . Also collect creek/river rocks driftwood and petrified wood . Along with shelf mushrooms and artist conKs . If it's in the woods or near a stream I can get it ! dotsonjennofer79@gmail.com

• Brian Bailey
    3 years ago

I have as much sheet moss and mood moss as you want and need to sell got two teenage boys and we need the money can supply around 2000 pounds a month.

• HU-523155880
    2 years ago

Is there still buyers of log moss

• looshe
    2 years ago

I got moss! It's all over my patio & stone walls. We have a carpet of it! I love it. It's for sale! la72coffey@gmail.com

• Collin Struble
    2 years ago

I also harvest and sell moss,rocks,root,slippery elm bark anything you need i will get. i already have a bunch of dried moss on hand email me at scargapscrapmetals@gmail.com

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner