Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annebee_gw

Schizaea dichotoma

annebee
15 years ago

Hi-I do not usually visit this site since my interests are more into roses-but I have an unusual fern that volunteered in an old falling apart clay pot, and I need to do something about it since the pot is not going to make it another year. I searched the web and came up with a photo of the Fan Comb fern-it is almost identical with my fern, which is growing slowly but surely, and now creeping out of cracks and even the bottom hole in the pot. I have no clue where it came from but It has been there for about 10 yrs., and when it 'blooms' it even has the unique spore like tips that Schizaea has-Here are my questions: Is it easily transplanted, what type of soil, should I treat it like a fern? Right now it gets a lot of sun, I water it every day, it has good drainage (and How!) and it shares the pot with a jade plant which gives it some shade. They don't seem to be the likeliest of co-habitants but they are fairly happy. It may not be the schizaea,and if there is a look-alike I'd also like to know that. If anyone has experience with one of these, I'm happy to thank you in advance. Anne

Sponsored