Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help ID genera or species

Posted by houstonpat 9a (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 10:59

Can someone help identify from this photo I took near Volcanoes National Park. I wish I had spent more time documenting this one specific to rhizome shape.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help ID genera or species

The picture is not working. Can you copy and paste just the HTML link from below the picture?

When you preview your message you should be able to see your photo in the preview box.

o

It is one of the Asplenium species. There are 28 species of Asplenium found in Hawaii. Unable to be more specific.

o

I agree that it is an Asplenium, but species is probably endemic to Hawaii. Suggest posting the photo on the Hawaii Gardening Forum. I'm sure someone there can identify the species.
Rb

Here is a link that might be useful: Hawaii Gardening

o

Many thanks folks. I suspected it was Asplenium by it's spore pattern. 'wish I had collected some spore.

o

Asplenium lobulatum, Pat.

o

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Moss, Ferns & Cryptogams Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here