Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosswitch

Foiled the squirrels!

mosswitch
12 years ago

Finally! After years of much screaming, yelling, and throwing things at the squirrels that worked diligently at tearing up my thick moss lawn to bury their darn acorns, or digging them up in the spring, I went for the ultimate weapon, and spread black bird netting over the area they were attacking, pinning it down securely so I wouldn't trip over any of it. I used wreath pins, of which I already had a box, and if you don't look closely, it is almost invisible.

The robins helped with the tearing up part too, looking for worms under the moss. Destructive pests!

The moss is already growing through it and filling in nicely where the critters had destroyed sections. I figure by spring the netting will be covered up completely.

And no squirrel or bird damage since I put it down. Whee!

If they go for another section of the lawn, well, I still have more netting and lots more wreath pins!

Sandy

Comment (1)

• User
    12 years ago

Sounds like a plan to me, Sandy.
    BTW, now I understand where you screenname comes from.

I have a dachshund who loves to chase squirrels in HER YARD. She does not dig, which is a blessing. But I constantly have issues with pecans planted by the squirrels coming up in my flower pots and the leriope borders of the flower beds.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA