Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exoticrainforest

Blue Fern Microsorum thailandicum

exoticrainforest
17 years ago

Need help on Scientific Info for Microsorum thailandicum, a fern that grows on stone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most unusual ferns in existence is the cobalt blue Microsorum thailandicum from Thailand, Cambodia and other neighboring countries. This interesting fern grows in very dim light and can be found as an epiphyte growing on trees or a lithophyte growing on limestone. Dr. Thaweesakdi Boonkerd, one of the botanists who described the species, is associated with the Plants of Thailand Research Unit. I am seeking a copy of the published scientific description of this unusual blue fern, however all attempts to send email to the Plants of Thailand Research Unit as well as Dr. Boonkerd have failed. The description is apparently only available in Thai. If anyone who subscribes to this site is in contact with Dr. Boonkerd or the Plants of Thailand Research Unit I would appreciate any assistance possible in finding a copy of the scientific description of the fern in English. My current research on the unusual fern is posted on my website, The Exotic Rainforest, but I am attempting to locate more detailed information. Thanks! Steve Lucas

Comment (1)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional