Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
delivery charge to florists?

Posted by jodi5a IA (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 18, 10 at 10:31

Hi--I've lurked on this site for a couple years and have learned so much. Thanks to everyone for taking your time to share.
I've got a question that I couldn't find in old posts. Last year I sold quite a few flowers to the local florist and since it was just a few miles to town and I would have been going anyway, mileage wasn't a concern. This year, however, I'd like to expand and try to sell to more florists. Because this is a very rural area, most towns have only one florist and it would be a 50-80 mile round trip. My question is, does anyone who sells to florists charge a delivery fee or have a minimum order requirement? Do you think this would be out of line? Should I just figure mileage into the cost per stem? (Guess that's several questions) Thanks for any advice!
Jodi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: delivery charge to florists?

Yes, charge a delivery fee. I have a florist that instists on it. They charge their customers a delivery fee. Make sure you tell your customers up front. If you have two deliveries in the same town and you can deliver the same day then maybe you can give them a break on the fee. I would tell them that if they wait until a certain day and time it would save them $5 on delivery I'm sure that they would be happy.
KB

o

• Posted by budb 8b (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 22:11

Jodi
I have a regular delivery day and do not charge a separate
delivery fee. However, for special orders on other days, I
do charge a nominal fee.

o

Thanks for the replies! A delivery charge makes it pencil a lot better and now I feel better about including one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here