Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small head carnation but long enough to cut

Posted by all_bout_flowers (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 20:50

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a carnation with a 1" bloom that is about 12" tall that would be good for cutting? My rep. suggested Devon Cottage series. I thought they would be different enough people would like them in bouquets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small head carnation but long enough to cut

Eden Brothers sells some very pretty carnations. You might look for seed on their site. edenbrothers.com

o
RE: Small head carnation but long enough to cut

I bought a nice mix from either Germania or Geoseed a few years ago. Last year was their 2nd year and they produced very nicely. The stems were at least 12" some maybe as much as 18" and they were declidously fragrant. Just look through their selection and find one that sounds right for outdoor growth and cutting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here