Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrieluv2gro

June 13th - wedding flowers. Sorry for the (sort of) re-post .

carrieluv2gro
15 years ago

Hi Again.

Thank you to all who responded to my earlier question about flowers growing in 7b Maryland on June 6th. In turns out I am getting married on June 13th instead. Unfortunately I have never written in my garden journal what was blooming and when - I am definently going to start. Can anyone tell me if the Larkspur and Corn Poppies I direct seeded in mid Oct and mid June of 2008, as well as those that seeded themselves, will be healthy enough to cut for my wedding June 13th? Will the Batch Buttons, Stella Doro Daylilly, Baby's Breath and (hopefully) Sweet William still be blooming? Is it too late to start germinating Foxy Foxglove, Calendula, Clarkia, Snapdragons indoors/transfer to cold frame and then transplant and have in bloom (hopefully) by the 13th? I know I asked the same question earlier, but here in 7b MD the Late Spring/Early Summer period can be a transition time for hardy versus tender annuals when not a lot is in their full glory. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I live in town so wildlife munching on the flowers would not pose a problem.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery