Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for mum cuttings by mail

Posted by pokey USDA 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 1:12

Gardening friends, I am developing a cutting garden for my local church in western Oregon and looking for reccomendations of mum varieties and sources of them. Of course, any reccomendations for other plants to try will be welcomed. I also have plants to exchange for starts, especially lillies. Advice please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for mum cuttings by mail

I really like Angel Valley Heritage Mums. They sell rooted cuttings for around $1-$2 and each one will grow into a full size plant by blooming season. They probably sell about 200-300 different varieties and have special collections for cut flowers.

They don't have a web site but if you Google "Angel Valley Heritage Mums" you'll find where you can e-mail, call or write.

Kirk

o

http://www.kingsmums.com/

They have several varieties and they are quality growers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kings Mums

o

Agreed 104% for Kings Mums. The plants arrived in the best condition of any I have ever gotten thru the mail, and the owner and staff are so freindly.

o

Since I vote with my pocketbook, my dollars are going to Angel Valley Heritage Mums located in Ohio. Since we are also a family operation, we can appreciate the family-owned mother/daughter company. They offers 275 varieties of mums from all 13 classifications.

Photo of Banner Flower Farm potted garden mums at market
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here