Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bfff_tx

FlowerFarmer - Plse read

bfff_tx
18 years ago

Hi Trish

In a previous post you mentioned "A grower in California wrote a wonderful book about field production for the small grower. We refer to this book more often than any other in our collection".

May I enquire the title and/or author please. I'm always on the look-out for books for my ref library and this may be one that I don't have.

Also, have you rec'd Vol 18 No. 1 of the Cut Flower Quarterly yet?

Thanks in advance

Kim

Billabong Fresh Flower Farm

Comments (8)

• flowerfarmer
    18 years ago

Wow. A thread with my very own name on it. How fun is that!!

Yes, Kim, we received Vol 18, Number 1 yesterday in fact. I was surprised to receive it so early in the month actually. Our mail delivery isn't the greatest as of late. My Martha Stewart Living has gone missing. I'm hoping when my neighbor finishes reading the magazine, they will slip it into my mailbox -- for goodness sakes.

My husband was the last person to have his paws on the book I was referring to in the other post. When he comes in from the barn, I plan to email you with the information. I want to get the title correct. It may be out of print; however, I'm sure Amazon has a source for a used copy. We purchase many of our books this way.

Trish

• bluestarrgallery
    18 years ago

flowerfarmer,
    For some reason the images you have attached at the end of your posts on Newbie Flower thread didn't show up on the forum on my computer and I sure would like to see them. Bryan's showed up, as have others - is there something I need to do or a special program I need to get them to show up? thanks.
    Linda

• flowerfarmer
    18 years ago

Linda,
    When I went into My Pictures on my computer a couple weeks ago in an attempt to organize and move photos from the 2005 season, photos were renamed in order that we might more easily find them. Example: Labor Day Market 2005 instead of IMG0127 etc. When I did this, it broke the link between my pictures, the host Photobucket, and Garden Web.

Thank you for your interest in seeing our photos. I will post more. We are rather proud of them ya know.........

Trish

P.S. Kim, You've got mail.

• bluestarrgallery
    18 years ago

Dear Trish,

Thank you about the photos. I am also interested in the title of the book Kim referred to about field growing. My little plot is in California and I am going to be adding to my lavender plantings this year with other varieties of drought tolerant cut flowers (it gets hot as heck here in the summer). I will be planting them directly in the ground. I had great success by planting my lavender from plugs the last two years (but those were planted in the fall). I hope to get a head start by trying some perennials plugs suitable for cutting in the next month. Our last frost date is March 15 but for some reason this is a very warm winter and so I am going to try planting my plugs a bit early in hopes of having cut flowers from them early this summer.

Linda

• mbravebird
    18 years ago

Trish, I'm interested in knowing the title of that book, too!
    April

• Sweetfolly
    18 years ago

Me too!!

• bluestarrgallery
    18 years ago

Here is a link for an article I found helpful, - great list of articles and resouces at the end of the article.

Trish, did I miss a post about the book on field production you referred to?

Linda

• bluestarrgallery
    18 years ago

apparently my link didn't work when I used the post method of inserting it - so here it is

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/cutflower.html

linda

Sponsored