Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mimi1221_gw

best cutting for flower arrangements

mimi1221
17 years ago

Hi all, could you all tell me your opinions on some of the best flowers for arrangements and that are quick to keep producing more flowers. I would like to sell some of my flowers at the market this yr with my veggies. Would love hear what you all have had an abundance of. Thanks a bunch

Comments (4)

• Fundybayfarm
    17 years ago

Trish,
    You definitely are one talented lady, not to mention well spoken, knowledgeble, and a exceptional business woman.(your photography's not too shabby either) I like your "matter of fact" posts, and the pictures you've posted recently have been exceptional. Keep up the good work, and thank God you continue to post because we all learn a lot from you. We all have to start somewhere, but I think doing our own research first is a good place to start.
    By the way, thanks for the lisianthus advise, I had a feeling I was getting a late start. We have been brutally cold here for a month. If I knew a reasonable source here in Canada for getting the plugs, I would go that route.
    Cheryl

• flowers4u
    17 years ago

Flowerfarmer - I concer with Cheryl's statements!
    And, I think your pictures just convinced me to try growing AMMI again and rethink my ageratum! I hadn't put those two in my zinnia bouquets! Nice job!

Now, if I add them back in...where to plant them?? :)

To the original poster...I think you need to think about your time availability, how you'll get flowers to market, how you'll display them (they're harder to transport and display than vegetables). Then research flowers that grow well in your unique climate!

Good Luck,
    Wendy

• Fundybayfarm
    17 years ago

The Ammi that I grew one year looked exactly like my wild queen annes lace, actually I think the wild stuff was bigger. What variety of Ammi is that? (I ask that after all my seed orders are in!)
    Cheryl

• Fundybayfarm
    17 years ago

Trish,
    Thanks for letting me know what ammi that is. And yes, I'm done ordering. (unless I must have some green mist) I dove right into the catalogs when they came in, because I needed something to occupy my time. We had a family tragedy last June that we aren't recovered from, and I'm sure never will be, but that got me moving on my orders. I have all my bare root perennials ordered, plus all the seeds. My seed orders are already here, the bare roots will be in by April.
    Trish, do you use flower sleeves? The pics of your bouquets don't look like they're sleeved.
    Cheryl

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH