Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuttings from an Ivy plant- Need help.

Posted by packer43064 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 11, 06 at 11:46

Well I have this Ivy plant, the house plant kind, I use it for my toads. I've had it planted in the toads tank since December I think, it's doing just fine. I cutted a few peices off so I could grow some more plants instead of buying more plants. I have them in the plastic black plants things that you start seeds in, I don't know what their called. I am using Miracle-Gro Moisture Control soil. I just planted them Saturday the 11th, so yeah.I was wondering can I evengrow them to a full plant like the bigger one I have that I cutted off of.

Also how long will it take for roots to grow and when could I transplant them back into the frogs tank.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuttings from an Ivy plant- Need help.

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 11, 06 at 12:13

Yes, the cuttings will grow once rooted, which will take a couple of weeks or so with even moisture to the soil and humidity around the plants (enclosed in a domed flat or in a large plastic bag helps this, but don't let the leaves touch the plastic). Keep the cuttings in a warn, bright spot but out of direct sunlight. Then after they root, you should allow them to grow for another few weeks to develop a good root system before you transplant them again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here