Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cut Flowers in NYC

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 08 at 15:25

Hi All -

I'm on a cut flower *kick* and plan on getting cut flowers for the office every Monday....

Anyone have any good recommendations for cut flowers in lower manhatten (soho, nolita) or as far north as the flower market ?

When we threw a baby shower, we picked tons of different flowers on the flower market. Dunno if it was the fact that it was raining that day, but we picked them up on Friday morning and by saturday afternoon, a majority of them had browned. I did keep them in fresh cool/warm water with Floralife. The baby shower was on Sunday....

Love to get some recommendations on fresh cut flowers at decent prices and not ****NYC**** rates. I'm a long stemmed tulip / hybrid tulips, etc type of guy.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cut Flowers in NYC

Here's a listing of ASCFG members in New York. You'll have to find out where the locations are though. Hope this helps.

Amazing Vase Cut Flowers @ Double Decker Farm
Balet Flowers & Design
Ben Brook Farm
Bloomin' Joy
Brian Baker Peonies
The Cutting Garden LLC
Flower Fields
Folls Flower Farm
Grammy's Garden
Halcyon Hill
High Meadow Flower Farm
Kennywood Farm
Latham Farms
Littleflowers
Lofty Moss
M&R Greenhouses
Major's Pond Farm
Nana's Garden
Neil's Flowers
Passion for Flowers
Patch of Paradise
Pierpont's Blossom Farm
Plenty of Posies
The River Garden
Sag Harbor Florist
Stock Road Farm
Summertime Blooms
Terhune Orchards
Van Dijk, Phil
White Farm Flowers
Wildheart
Zeze Flowers

Here is a link that might be useful: Association Of Special Cut Flower Growers Buyers Guide

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here