Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ordairygirl

Looking for lilies for cut flowers

ordairygirl
12 years ago

As a hobby/side job I am wanting to grow cut flowers to sell at the local farmers market. Being that it is my first year trying such an adventure I'm sure I'll learn a lot of things that I wished I would have known in the beginning. Case in point is that K.Van Bourgondien had just such awesome deals on lilies...now I know why, they filed for bankruptcy last week. I'm not counting on receiving those bulbs and need to place a new order. I've searched through Garden Watchdog (see, I learned my lesson) and have looked through the top 10 rated websites. I managed to find a 150 bulb assortment of Asiatics and some stargazer lilies at a Touch of Nature that should work for me, unfortunately just missed out on their bulb co-op. I'm at an awkward size where I need more than 3 and less than 1000 bulbs. I'd like to pay around $1-$2 a bulb and need to find some oriental lilies. Do you have any recommendations? I don't have my nursery or business license yet, which is required for the true wholesale sites. Might have to break down and get those...just wanted to wait closer to Spring and the start of market. I also don't need 100 of the same variety at this point. Any advice or suggestions of businesses that you have dealt with would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus