Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone know a U.S. source for support net?

Posted by brian_kc0kfg z4 MN (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 06 at 22:22

I have searched on google but all I seem to find is companys out of the uk.
What I am looking for is support netting for taller flowers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks brian kc0kfg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone know a U.S. source for support net?

Hi Brian,
It's called Hortonova Flower Support Netting. It can be purchased through G & M Agricultural Supply Company.
Telephone: 800/901-0096. They are a vendor for several large companies such as: Remay, De Witt, Modine, Texel (that's the support netting), Agra Tech, and many others. If you are also looking for row cover, weed barrier, plastic mulches, bird netting, deer fencing, and other field and greenhouse related supplies, it can be found in their catalog. Their office is in Arizona. I think the Hortonova support netting came from a Tenex warehouse in Chicago. We have only purchased the support netting through them because our local growers co-op did not carry this item. Anyway, we've called by noon; and, it arrived the following day via UPS Ground. Fast, fast service.

And, to remain fair and balanced, Johnny's Seeds also carries Hortonova support netting. I really like the folks at Johnny's; however, their cost is higher.

Trish

o
RE: anyone know a U.S. source for support net?

Brian
Also check out pricing from Specialty Agricultural Products in CT (800) 483-8889, thanks to a referral, I found them to be much more competitive than G & M Ag in Arizona, Gloeckner's or Johnny's, not only on product cost but shipping too.
BTW, it's a wonderful product, would be lost without it.
Cheers - Kim
Billabong Fresh Flower Farm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here