Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower ID

Posted by nckvilledudes 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 14, 09 at 15:10

Does anyone recognize this flower? It came in a mixed bunch of flowers I purchased at Costco today. The stem is rather large and the little foliage that is on the stem is ferny and wispy in nature. It almost reminds me of Queen Ann's lace on steroids. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower ID

Yes I think it is a annual called ammi, there a couple different types. You grow them here in fall and winter, they also reseed a lot. Pam

o

Thanks Pam. Will look into that name and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

o

I 2nd the motion for Ammi - you can find it at Johnny's seeds. (They also have a green and mauve variety) We were going to try it this year for market. But the sap from it will cause skin irritation. My children do the flower stand, so we skipped it. We plan to try Orlaya instead. There's a post here about it.

o

It is:-
Ammi Visnaga "Green Mist". If it is a huge stem and flower it's the terminal one and not a lateral. Very productive.

Cheers Kim
Billabong Fresh Flower Farm

o

Thanks Kim.

o

Yes, it seems to be an Amni. I really like this flower because of the beautiful green and white. It fits in every room and makes it brighter and more enjoyable. I hope you like it, too, and keep a good eye on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here