Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Web Site

Posted by all_bout_flowers (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 12, 09 at 11:48

I'd like to do a new web site for my flower business and I need a new Web Design Program because my Front Page 2002, is so outdated. I've seen some nice web sites from you guys out there. What do you use? I'm on the web today because our lovely rain has came back after a week long hiatus.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Web Site

Hi - on the market farming listserve about a year ago, there was an entire thread on this topic. I'll try to find it and then post a link.

I want to set up a simple reference site with lots of links to flower pictures! Haven't gotten there yet though....

Let us know what you do and let us see it ok?

:)

Wendy - where it snowed again last night....

o

I am not very tech savvy so I registered a domain through Network Solutions and used their online website designer. It is not as flexible as using something like Front Page - you can't explicitly edit the html to insert tracking for Google analytics, for example. Like Wendy all I really wanted was a site where I could post lots of pictures and explain how my subscription service works, and it has been really good for that. I don't want to put the URL in here but if you e-mail me I will send it to you.

I also started a blog last year on blogspot so I could post pictures of the bouquets I delivered to customers each week and write about what I was growing. That is completely free.

Kirk

o

Why do you say that Front Page 2002 is outdated? I use Front Page 2003 and do not see any problems with it. I used an older version in the past and did not see many differences between the two. Except for a while my 2003 version did not work right when I published it, but I think it did not load in properly, because when my computer crashed and I had to reload Front Page in it ended up working the way it was suppose to.

If you are looking for something different I have heard that Dreamweaver is suppose to be better (more professional) than Front Page, but I have never tried it myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here