Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lilly of the valley

Posted by tessa74 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 07 at 13:48

Hi all, i think i may have made a mistake....k, here it goes.... yesterday, i planted some lilly of the valley roots in a brand new flower bed. then i put about 2-3 inches of mulch on top of them. question is... will they come up through the mulch or am i smothering them like i'm trying to smother stray grass and weeds? i just did this yesterday, so there's still time to save them if i did screw it up. help!!! jenn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lilly of the valley

I think they will likely come right up through it, but you might want to brush some of it aside if you can easily over where they are planted. THe main thing for me seems to be making sure they do not dry out. IN a few years they will act as the mulch and no weed will find room to grow between them!

o

Exactly! I am going to dig a bunch of the lillies of the Valley up...hope to give them away. Way too many.

o

oh phooey, mine never came up. i think they just rotted and became very expensive fertilizer for the other plants there. oh well. i won't be doing those again :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here