Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengurl49

zinnias/marigolds like windows?

gardengurl49
18 years ago

I planted marigolds and zinnias from seed.. but the ones that are on the window sill and the ones outside are growing at WAY different speeds..

(i labeled the pots and then transplanted and didnt relabel so i dont know which ones which)

The zinnias + marigols on the window sill are doing VERY good.. I'm not sure if its a zinnia/marigold (it has sharper leaves) but it has MANY leaves and a GREAT thick stem and are about 7-9 inches tall!! wow! The other ones which have rounded leaves are about 3-5 inches tall..

HOWEVER the sharp leaved ones that i planted in pots and left outside are very short.. only about and inch or two. i put them inside the house and they started growing more leaves..

what does this mean? Should I just keep them as house plants? But I REALLY wanetd them outside.. and they are supposed to grow very tall. Is it the cool weather that is stuntin their growth? We had weather in the 70s and 80s a couple days ago for a week or two and now its cool outside again. but it IS pretty warm.

please help!! Thank you.

Comments (3)

Sponsored