Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know about Brazilia....?

Posted by kitkat_oregon 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 13, 10 at 20:45

I saw a bouquet being made including something called Brazilia. I dont know if the spelling is correct or where it comes from, Brazil does leap to mind, lol. It has really lovely soft green berries all bunched together, but I did not see it up close. Any ideas? I cant find anything about it on the web. Thanks. Kat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know about Brazilia....?

I can't seem to find much either - except for many references to it being used in wedding bouquets. I wonder if you could ask your local florist if she/he knows anything about it.

I saw some references that seemed to equate it with guarana, but when I searched guarana, there were no references to brazilia berry.

Sounds beautiful (despite it's common name, lol). I hope someone can find something about it

:)
Dee

o

Hi Dee, thanks for the response. I cant find anyone who knows anything about it. The woman who was making the bouquet only knew that it came from New Zealand and nothing else. I asked my cousin in New Zealand and he has never heard of it. Maybe it goes by some other latin name. Oh well, too many other plants to think about. Kat

o

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I read it was from Australia/New Zealand. Hmm, I wonder if maybe we post on the Australia forum if they would be able to help...?

Dee

o

Dee, someone out there must be paying you the big bucks.... good thinking. ;) I'll post on the Aussie web and see what happens.

Kat

o

LOL, Kat, no big bucks here. I'm just persistent - or, as my mother always says, "as stubborn as your grandmother!" - which I always took as a compliment, lol.

Please let me know if you find anything out about this. Thanks!

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here