Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naturemitch

Crooked celosia's??

naturemitch
19 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask about crooked stems on the Cramers' series celosia. I've been trying to figure this one out and maybe someone out there can help me.

I sowed these in my basement...great germination. I sowed into flats then transplanted into cell packs. So far so good, but I noticed a number of weeks after transplanting a number of the plants seem to get a crook in their stems...then right themselves and struggle on up again. A lot of these plants also have very crinkled leaves(unlike their healthier counterparts). Now this is not on all plants, but about 20-25% of them.

The temp. when I started these was about +60, and is now running more towards 70.....I water from below(although I have watered from above a couple of times, but not onto their foliage), and I don't see any insects or anything funky going on or around them. They've got a fan on them so it isn't that their stems are weak...its something else.

I know they like it warm, but what do any of you celosia growers think? Have you had this happen, or anyone have a guess what might be going on? I'm not too concerned about it...I have plenty of decent plants, but I'm wondering is there something I could do differently to not have this happen?

Look forward to hearing from you.

m

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County