Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
new2gardenfl

Flower arrangement pictures

new2gardenfl
18 years ago

Hi everyone!

I have been a lurker in here for a little while. I usually hang out in the Florida gardening forum. I am slowly but surely transforming my small yard into a cottage style/cut flower/edible landscape. I have been trying to dedide which flowers to plant out in the yard for cutting (personal use).

I would love to see pictures of your boquets so that I can decide which plants I would like to grow and for inspiration. I would love to see what flowers you combine, etc. I have only seen one flower vendor in our area and I don't usually have time to drive the distance. But I was amazed at what the woman could grow and arrange.

Please post some pictures! I need inspiration!

Comments (36)

• Noni Morrison
    18 years ago

I would gladly post pics but the whole process of posting on garden web takes me hours..brain doesn't think along technical lines at all! I will E-mail them to your personal e-mail and anyone else who wants to see just let me know. IT will take me some time to go back through my photos and select a representative batch.

Liza Lily

• honeybunny442
    18 years ago

Hi Liza Lily,
    I'd like to see some pics, please! You can send them to honeybunny442@hotmail.com. Thanks!
    Susan

• flowers4u
    18 years ago

LizaLily -- me too! THANKS!
    Wendy

• Noni Morrison
    18 years ago

Might be a few days before I have timet get out the disk with previous years photos and pick out some to send. But I will keep a list of you who want them.

• new2gardenfl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LizaLily, thank you for taking the time to dig out the photos. I really appreciate it!

• sherri1
    18 years ago

LizaLily,

I also would Love to see some pics of your arrangements!

Thanks!!
    Sherri

• spivey13
    18 years ago

LizaLily,

If you have the time, I'd love the inspiration as well. You can send them to cdevalk@catholicexchange.com when you have the time. Thank you!

Cathy

• susiq
    18 years ago

Add me to the list! Thanks!

With so many of us wanting them, maybe there's a way you can post them here, instead of to so many separate individuals.

Anyway, the email me portion of My Page should get them to me.

Susi.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Well, I don't want to be left out! Liza, send them to me and I vow to find a way to post them so you don't have to keep emailing them!

I know this would be a most welcome addition to the forum.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Courtesy of Lizalily whose email I almost deleted as spam! Sorry liza, didn't recognize your name : )

I will let Liza expound on the beauties in the photos. But I would like to ask what that lavender upside down almost woven looking bloom is in Photo 2. Thanks Lizalily!
    {{gwi:621791}}
    {{gwi:621795}}
    {{gwi:621796}}
    {{gwi:621799}}

• new2gardenfl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LizaLily, they are BEAUTIFUL! You've got talent girl!!! I must have deleted my email by accident. Thank you Liza! And thank you for posting the pictures Poochella!

• Poochella
    18 years ago

You're welcome New2Garden.

Here's a little material I'd like to put together for a bouquet for Ray, but I just can't determine the right approach...
    {{gwi:621802}}

Sorry, I just can't get over the forsythia/mouse thing LOL

• pitimpinai
    18 years ago

Very pretty. Thank you for posting them, Poochella. I think "that lavender upside down almost woven looking bloom in Photo 2" is fritillaria meleagris. That photo convinced me to plant them this fall. I have been deabating whether to get them for several years now.

• GrassIsEvil
    18 years ago

You know, there are some things that follow you through life. I'm seriously considering putting mice skewers on my cards, Poochella--with no explanation. Nice forsythia, BTW, and one great mouse.

Nicely done, Liza.

Ray

• Noni Morrison
    18 years ago

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I saw the forsythia and mouse! ROTFLMAO!

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Liza, Ray et al, I'll try to get the forsythia'd mice visual out of my mind, but I just can't for the time being. I have to drive by my neighbors forsythia hedge every day so the picture in my mind's eye keeps refreshing itself.

Speaking of refreshing.. Liza, I love your bouquets! Simple and varied. I am partial to yellow (like forsythia) and particularly like the varied yellow textures in photo 4.

But who could not like the pink roses packed into photo one?
    Or the stunning foliage and red rose contrast of number 3! I want to know what that spikey foliage is Liza.

Is the purplish, upside down, woven-appearing bloom in photo two indeed a frittilaria? It's almost too perfect to be real. Nature is just incredible to kick out these productions isn't she? And you do a wonderful job putting them all together Liza.

• goshawker
    18 years ago

Poochella,

Thanks for posting the pics. Where is the process you need to follow to post pictures here? BTW,my little girls loved the mouse.

Steve

• Noni Morrison
    18 years ago

The spikey foliage is golden bamboo, Pooch. And yes, the checkered flower is Fritilaria meleagras. Thanks to who ever it was who reminded me. Been so tired lately that the words desert me...anyone else experience that, LOL.

• rita2004
    18 years ago

LizaLily you are an inspiration to all us lurkers.
    Poochela I copied your way to post pics once but of course misplaced it. Imagine that!! Would you mind doing it again?

Rita

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Got it Liza: Golden bamboo and Fritilaria called correctly by Pitimpani.

Steve and Rita, stand by by photo posting instructions. There is, BTW, a "test" forum here on garden web if you want to practice while you find which method works for you. Search for Photo posting Test or some such beast to find it.

I find Photobucket to be the easiest/most user friendly way to store/post photos, but there are other methods as well.
    Hang on.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Here is the original but I'm afraid I wasn't very clear, or clear as I could be.

Upload your photos from a camera/scanner to get them onto your harddrive.

Open an account at Photobucket or other service such as Shutterfly, Webshots, it is free until you get alot of photos. FYI: Photobucket allows you to directly copy and paste the info needed for a photo to be posted easily, the others you have to work at, but it can be done.

Create an album name after setting up your account.
    Use the "add photos" button or "add multiple photos" button to prepare to search your computer for desired photos. When you click "browse" a screen will open up to allow you to search for your photo on your computer files. Use the little scroll bottom right in that box to select what to search for "all files" or other and indicate "jpg files." Something like that. That will eliminate a lot of useless hooey files. You're looking for photos- usually labelled .jpg

It is very handy to name photos something you'll recall rather than "spring bloomsMay05004.jpg" I would call it AstilbeAndWeb.jpg or AmazonDianthus.jpg If I take a slew of photos and upload them to computer at once, I use the "save as" option on each photo and rename it SomethingICanRemember.jpg rather than photo051905004. Much easier later on.

When you find your photo file listed, highlight it with a left click, click OK in the lower right of the search box, and its file title will go into the box on Photobucket "add photo" spot.

Repeat that process til you've chosen what photos to add to your album. Then Select SUBMIT PHOTOS. It takes a little while and it will tell you if something has gone wrong.

Once photos are showing up in the Photobucket album, you should see 3 little boxes below each with secret computer speak codes.
    Highlight the middle TAG line with a left click,
    RIGHT click to COPY that line
    come to GWeb to post your photo at whatever forum, and RIGHT click to PASTE that tag line into the post after the cursor, wherever you want it to appear.

Click 'Preview' to see if your tag line properly produces a photo. If not, something is haywire.

More later, too tired to expound further, but if that is hopelessly unclear, search GardenWeb for photo posting advice, it abounds. And don't forget the Test forum. there is one more link I will find and post- really crystal clear pictorial instructions for you....

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Post Photos and another link

• Poochella
    18 years ago

..."When you find your photo file listed, highlight it with a left click, click OK it's OPEN, (not OK) in the lower right of the search box, and its file title will go into the box on Photobucket "add photo" spot.

Sorry, short on sleep tonight. I believe the pictorial post I was hoping to find has expired. Tomorrow I will try to search the archives for it, but the best way to learn is just practice.

This was not a 'real'bouquet, but a collection of some of my favorite pastel dahlias to give you an idea of the contrastic shapes. I love the Easter colors. They went to the Teriyaki restaurant and garnered me a whole beastly pile of free Potstickers and teriyaki chicken YUM!
    {{gwi:621803}}

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Whoo Hoo- more photos from Liza Lily!
    "1. Brides bouquet of lavnder gem callas, blue heron tulips and JP
    Connell roses, framed in rosemary.

2. Arrangements for restauant tables at reception.
    She wanted cheerful little nosegays in bright colors

3 Alter arrangment , left front.

4. alter arrangement, right front.

Alter arrangements have delphinium, iris, foxglove, alliums, roses,
    ladies mantle, salal, syringa lewissii, . white lilies, (One I started
    in a pot just happend to come on early!)"

Number 1
    {{gwi:621808}}

Number 2
    {{gwi:621811}}
    Number 3
    {{gwi:621814}}
    And 4
    {{gwi:621815}}

• susiq
    18 years ago

GORGEOUS! Amazing timing co-ordination, Liza, getting the callas & tulips to bloom together! (I've never grown callas, so have no clue, but you said in another post you'd timed the two perfectly.) WAY TO GO!

Thanks Poochella for posting Liza's, AND yours, too!

Susi.

• new2gardenfl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Liza:

These are SO georgeous!!!!

Thanks for the the post pooch!

• flowers4u
    18 years ago

Wonderful pictures...great job LizaLily! I am going to try a few Callas myself...just to see...for some reason I've never liked them...and now am intrigued!
    Wendy

Thanks Poochella!

• msbumble
    18 years ago

I have no pictures, just a suggestion. There is a green flowered zinnia called Envy that looks fabulous with deep pinks, burgundies and reds. Different and refreshing. Have fun.

• Fundybayfarm
    18 years ago

Lizalily,
    Those are gorgeous! I love # 3 and 4. Now what would you charge on a arranged bouquet of that size? They look incredible.
    Cheryl

• Noni Morrison
    18 years ago

Cheryl, those are our $50 bouquets. Not always this tall, these are just the only flowers I had in bloom in the right colors! IN fact they were a little too tall for the vases. HAd I known the tables at this church were so tall I would have shortened them. THey probably towered above the bride!

And I know that we could probably get a lot more for those arrangements in LA or Chicago but this is what we get here and feel is fair to our situation. In the city they would probably be "Exotic". HEre they are almost wild flowers...in fact, the foxglove is.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Posting recent shots from LizaLily's place. Looks to be a wonderful place Liza. I am inspired to get up early and hit the yard hard. Love the gardens and the little fuzzy ducklings!
    Pooch

My garden today...front garden and roses
    {{gwi:621816}}
    Upclose of Teasing Georgia and Pat Austen
    {{gwi:621817}}

My flower stand on the porch at the coffee place
    {{gwi:621818}}

Another front yard shot
    {{gwi:621819}}

My little garden helpers! The ones withthe funny top
    knots are WHite Crested Sweedish ducklings

{{gwi:621820}}

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Here are some great photos from at Cottage Forum gardener. Man oh man. And while you're there check out the "garden development" album. If I died and could reincarnate I would request to be a bee in her yard. Or something more long-lived like a giant tortoise or redwood.

Could anyone ID the little flat 4 petalled blue specimen in photos 2 and 3? And the spiney blue one in photo 5- the dahlia bouquet?

Many thanks- enjoy

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's bright bright bouquets

• flowerfarmer
    18 years ago

#5 Agapanthus. Beautiful bouquets. But, I want to go live in LizaLily's garden. A beautiful island garden to be sure.

• Belgianpup
    18 years ago

The flat blue flowers look like lace cap hydrangeas. If you look closely, you can see a bit of the central "lace".

I think the blue flowers in #5 are Agapanthus.

Sue

• Noni Morrison
    18 years ago

Wow, Really, FLowerfarmer!? Wait until the lilies bloom, LOL! The pictures came out too pale somewhere in the process of sending them from one computer to another. But then you know what colors Teasing Georgia and Pat Austin roses should be...and they are!

• new2gardenfl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LizaLily, your garden is absolutely stunning. I'm turning green with envy! : )

It is no wonder why you are able to create such beautiful boquets. And those little ducklings are so cute.

I have been studying your boquets and making a mental "gotta have" list for my garden. You really have a gift for combining a wide array of flowers into stunning boquets.

Poochella, Karens bouquets are georgeous too. I need more roses in my garden!!!! Thank you for posting all of the pictures and the link. I need to spend more time poking around on her weblink. Definately!

• alabama_jan
    18 years ago

Hi LizaLily...I would love to see some of your pictures, also. I am moving in the next month and plan on starting a cutting garden. Please send pics to me at jandav@bellsouth.net. This would be a great help to me in deciding what to plant. Thanks bunches!

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions