Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pricing advice for a garden party?

Posted by steve22802 7a VA (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 8:13

I was recently invited to arrange 5-6 medium sized bouquets for a garden party. Can anyone give me some advice regarding what to charge for a small event like this? I'm new to the cut flower business and still finding my way. They want the flowers to be informally arranged but not to look stiff like traditional florist arrangements.

Thanks for any guidance!

- Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pricing advice for a garden party?

Hi Steve. What size bouquets - how many stems? What flowers are you using? Are you providing the vases? Will you be buying florist foam for them or just arranging in a vase? Are you transporting them?

I've never done this before, so I can't be of much help, but if worse comes to worst, you can plan your bouquets (number of stems, which flowers used, how big, etc.) and then check out some local florists to see what they would be charging for similar arrangements. Don't forget delivery charges if applicable.

Good luck! Sounds like fun!
:)
Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here