Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White and Yellow Baptisias

Posted by teresa_b z6 MO (My Page) on
Sun, May 3, 09 at 20:11

If any of you are growing white and yellow baptisias, are you finding them easy to use in your bouquets?

I'm also deciding which white and which yellow would be best. For yellow, I have seen "Screaming Yellow," "Carolina Moonlight" and "Solar Flare." Do any of you have a preference?

For white, I have a choice of Baptisia alba, Baptisia alba "Wayne's World," and Baptisia leucantha (lactea), Prairie Baptisia. I was wondering if any of you had a preference on the white.

I am happy with my blue baptisias. They take awhile to get going but with my hot summers, lupines just don't work. And, one of my baptisias is blooming now which is great as very little else is blooming. I did not expect it to bloom before my peonies.

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White and Yellow Baptisias

Where do you find your stock?

o
RE: White and Yellow Baptisias

For buying a few plants, locally, in St. Louis, Sugar Creek Gardens offers several varieties (they have a website to check out the selections)

Mail order: Bluestone, ForestFarm, Plant Delights all offer a variety of baptisias. The smallest selection is at Bluestone.

If I needed many; i.e., 50-100 plants, it would be necessary to go elsewhere.

Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here