Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

FLowers to go

Noni Morrison
18 years ago

Well, here is my report this weekend. I sold 6 bouquets today with it being graduation. Only 1 person left the cup behind. One lady was there when I was setting up and was going to get flowers a the grocery store to take to her auntie...she took mine instead! It being in the cup was a definite plus. Flower sales seem slow but when we add in what Delinda is doing at her stand, she has doubled her sales and I am not making quite as many but almost. My business should grow with the summer people, who should be starting to move over to the island about now. And She lets me put some at her stand when she runs out. I will be putting some there tomorrow but probably will not be a hot sales day. We will see...mostly selling bouquets of sweet willaim, roses, fern and foxglove right now with the first annuals starting as fillers. Tomorrow I have roses, lilies and feverfew with fern and mint.It is raining a little...we need it so I won't worry about not selling much in it. IT is saving me hours of work at ??per hour for moving hoses!

I got my Interior Design student (daughter Krissie) making bouquets with me this morning. I wanted to get her past her fear of flower arranging and I think she did have fun and realized that design principles work across the spectrum of the arts! I enjoyed watching what she did...pretty and quite different from mine. And I did teach her a little of what I have learned too. I hoped her's would be the first one sold but I broke a lily petal off when setting up so hope the next bud will open over night and it will sell tomorrow!

I rejoice every time I move a crate at how much lighter in weight they are with the 20 oz cups. And I bought some tape for making non-slip treads on steps, cut it into quarter inch strips and ran i twice around the inside of each hole. Now the 20 oz cups work fine in the stand. No wind will tip them over as the cups sit only about 1/2" above the holes in the stand.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations