Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

Thank you Lizalily

phylrae
17 years ago

Hi Lizalily!

Your gave a suggestion awhile ago about how you make "Flowers to Go". I wanted to thank you for that awesome idea and your insistence that you didn't mind someone far away using it as a springboard.

Well, I found those translucent colored plastic cups (16 oz) at a BJ's nearby, and fit lids to them. I had my daughter make me small stickers with my name and phone on them, and I call them "Portable Petals." They are starting to take off! They went over EXTREMELY well at our ladies' fellowship dinner. I am just now trying to figure out how to market them without having to overcommit myself (I work fulltime). A friend suggested trying to sell them to local grocery stores, but it all seems too complicated and time consuming for my busy life. Plus then I have to spend money on licenses, taxes, insurance, and pay the store commission etc., and I'm NOT READY for that kind of business plan YET. I do NOT have a business mind. I'd have to get lots of help. I would just like to make some extra money to help with monthly bills. Maybe someday I'll take it further. Anyway, I just wanted to say Thank you again for your help!! At least I have some prospective customers now!

BTW, we also found those cardboard drink carriers at a farm store my husband works for part time...they seem ideal for MY carrying of several bouquets at once to a common location. We set the carrier inside a box for extra stability.

:0) Phyl

Comments (2)

Sponsored