Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to send flowers to daughter for b'day

Posted by PhylRae z5a/centralNYS (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 05 at 5:38

Our daughter turns 21 Friday. I wonder if there is any way that we could send her a garden bouquet (in a flower type box) that would get there cool and fresh? She lives in Long Island, we are in central New York State. We have some hybrid teas, floribundas and Austin roses finally blooming, as well as perennials like Trollius, daisies etc. How would we do it or is it impossible? Obviously we've never done any shipping of flowers, and really, I've never received flowers via mail myself. Anyone? (Obviously, I don't like florist flowers that much, and can't afford them). Thanks. Phyl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to send flowers to daughter for b'day

Phyl, I've never done this, so I'm only guessing. Are you near a UPS or FedEx station? If so, call them for their advice and their pricing. It seems that they should be able to do overnight delivery, if not faster, since you're in the same state.

It may be impossible to successfully ship flowers in water. Have you thought about using well-soaked Oasis foam, wrapped in plastic, to maintain your well-conditioned flowers? Then put that in a sturdy box with TOP clearly marked.

If you find a way, please let us know. Good luck!

o
RE: How to send flowers to daughter for b'day

Thanks so much for your response (Jan, I'm guessing?) I'll call UPS or stop by and see what they say. :0) Phyl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here