Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peony shaped flowers

Posted by QBush 6, NE MA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 17:55

I have fallen in love, again, with peony flowers. ( It is an annual event for me:) And as the vase full of pink ruffles fills the room with fragrance I am wondering if anyone can recommend a flower that resembles peony? They came with my house but I believe I have Sarah Bernhardt, and Festiva Maxima. I would love to find something to enjoy this form longer, because, alas, peony only blooms in spring.
Annual? Perennial? Shrub? I googled, and found peony style tulips, any mid or late summer flowers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peony shaped flowers

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 0:13

cabbage roses

o

Peony poppies

o

• Posted by mytime 3/4 Alaska (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 20:59

I second the peony poppies...I have deep purple and pale pink...aside from the actual peonies, it is the most admired plant in my garden.

o

Heaven on earth roses always remind me of peonies

o

QBush...........I agree with cas. I have the Heaven on Earth
rose and it has beautiful peony-shaped blooms

carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here