Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for cut flowers

Posted by chadalways Hawaii (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 18:04

Any suggestions for types of flowers I can grow to be used at the cemetery? It would need to be flowers that can tolerate Hawaii weather. I'm looking for flowers that would bloom often so I have a constant supply. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for cut flowers

If you search cutting gardens that should give you some idea.

o
RE: Ideas for cut flowers

Well, there are lots of long blooming annuals--multi-stemmed sun flower, zinnias, cosmos for example, but no idea how they would do in HI. Then add in some shrubs that are well suited to cutting, some of the exotic tender blooming plants, and some bulbs to round things out. For year round flowers you would probably need a variety of different types of plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here