Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donn_

Absolutely fascinating forum!

donn_
18 years ago

I must tell you all how much of my time I frittered away in here today; time that should have been spent potting up seedlings.

I came for advice on how to cut and keep my flowers, in the house, and I got it quickly, thank you.

I made the mistake of scrolling through the topics, and the much more dangerous mistake of starting to read the 'Journal..' threads.

I had no idea that there was a cottage (so to speak) industry in growing flowers for sale as cut flowers and arrangements. I don't get off the property much, and when I do, I'm usually in a boat. I grow all my own plants from scratch, mostly through winter sowing, but some cuttings and rooter-pot layering. As the collection grows, I'm starting to divide more, too. But, as a retired businessman, I've been enthralled by the discussions of growing and selling 'stems' and such.

I'm also doing a bunch of major drooling, reading about your greenhouses, hoop houses and huge properties. I'm on less than a half-acre, which still has several thousand sf of (temporary) sodgrass.

The scale of your operations are amazing. I remember reading this line, or something like it:

"I direct seeded 1,000 Sunflowers..." Wow! I'm growing a couple hundred, and thought I had a lot!

Finally, and it may well be that I didn't see any fights, hearty congratulations on the friendliness and entertainment value of your forum.

I expect to read more, and maybe even shoot out a question or three.

Cheers,

Donn

Comments (3)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012