Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Van Bourgondien & Sons. criminal mail order company

Posted by joachim_ct z5 CT (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 21:29

I ordered a number of perennials and annuals early May, they took my money and I now expect my order by mid July. Never ever order from these crooks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Van Bourgondien & Sons. criminal mail order company

This has been a weird year for mail order. I placed orders from several companies that I've ordered from before but shipments were delayed by wet or late cold weather. Not trying to excuse VB&S, haven't ever ordered from them, but others have certainly done the same this spring.

o

Your use of the term criminal is completely inappropriate. We have a legal system in this country that assumes innocence until proven guilty for several very good reasons. By labeling them criminal in such a public manner, you could very well ruin the reputation of a perfectly respectable company who may just be struggling with the common frustrations of any weather-dependent industry. Please don't use such extreme language unless you know for a fact that it is accurate.

Thank-you,

Martha

o

Never had a problem with the company myself.

o

• Posted by portia PA 6B, Brandywine (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 14 at 8:54

I ordered from them this spring and got my delivery with no issues--but as someone else said, this year has been bizarre with mail order, many retailers have posted on their sites that they are delayed due to rainy or cold weather.

If you are unhappy, see if you can cancel your order and go elsewhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here