Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just Thought I'd Join the Fun

Posted by kinglemuelswife (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 22:25

I was enjoying some of the pictures on this forum, and thought I'd post a pic of an arrangement I did on Sunday. The photo isn't the greatest, since I only thought to take the picture as we were running out the door, but it will have to do!

Garden Web Photos 028

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just Thought I'd Join the Fun

Very pretty,what is that lime green filler flower???
Kathi

o

Hi Kathi;

The filler is "Achillia Mollis" (sp?), Lady's Mantle, anyway...I think the variety is "moonbeam" or "moondance", something like that. I like that, and euphorbia and perilla for fillers.

o

I hate to sound uninformed...are those peonies? They're gorgeous! I've just started trying to grow things for cutting, and I don't know much.

o

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 20, 08 at 0:42

That's a very pretty arrangement. I also love using Lady's Mantle, with anything, LOL. My peonies have not yet begun to bloom and I'm anxious for them to start. Your photo makes me even more so.

o

Yep, they're peonies. I love them in bouquets. I'd just make sure that you cut them young...open, but not fully open. They'll last longer. And cut them the night before you use them, and submerge them for the night in water (hold them under with something heavy on their stems that won't bruise them). They'll last a long time that way. These were cut short, because I wanted a tight arrangement. Thanks for all the kind words!

o

Beautiful bouquet! One of my favorite combinations! I'm just about done picking peonies and need to harvest the rest of my Ladies Mantle. I love my new to me (1-yr old)walk-in cooler - which allows me to have these for about 4 weeks!

I need to remember to take pictures too!
Wendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here