Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fundybayfarm

Carnation/correction

Fundybayfarm
18 years ago

Boy, do I feel STUPID! I was walking around my cut rows, admiring some of the blooms that are open, and I came upon my lavender, and what I thought was some dianthus cuttings that I started last year, (they were there too) and I noticed some flowers blooming down low, in the middle of the clump. They are white carnations, and are surrounded by many taller stems, and are loaded with buds. I had even emailed the company who sold me the floristan mix, and told them they gave me the wrong seed! Geeezzze, I can't believe I did that. I have since mailed them back with my apologies. Anyway, if you want to mail me with your email address Paul, I will take some pics and get them to you. They look like a keeper.

Cheryl

Comments (2)

• paulns
    18 years ago

Good news overall though eh? And 'loaded with buds'...Unless you hurled invective at W. Damm I wouldn't be concerned. Did hear back from them? (Get any free seeds out of them?;)

Are the Floristans only white? You're a couple of weeks ahead of us; at least, here the Grenadins are just starting to send up flowering shoots. Last year's single Pink (Cerise Queen?) Grenadin has over a dozen 12" shoots so I'm pleased, though wonder if I planted this year's too close together.

Will send you my email address.

• Fundybayfarm
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Paul,
    So far white is all I see, but maybe they are just the first to bloom. And the only blooms I have seen on the white are just a couple that bloomed right down close to the base of the clump. Hopefully, there will be oher colors, although white is always useful.
    No, I didn't get nasty with the company, thank goodness, they were simpathetic at first, asking what my plants I had looked like, then when they emailed back a second time, just said they were glad I found them, and to have a nice summer. But no free seeds, darn it. They also didn't mention if they would be carrying anymore p. carnations in the future, even though their field trials were good. They said there wasn't enough of a demand for the seeds. When these things bloom, I'll get a picture to you.
    Cheryl

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio