Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krazykim_gw

Thoughts on bouquets

KrazyKim
18 years ago

I'm TRYING to post pics of two bouquets. I hope the "pro's" will give me some advice. I'll readily admit, I can grow 'em, but I'm new to arranging.

Here is a link that might be useful: You've got Pictures

Comments (6)

• susiq
    18 years ago

Kim,

You may have to repost your link. When I clicked on it, it required me to sign in w/ a password. I could try, but I doubt I'd pick the exact ones you have, LOL!

Susi.

• jansblooms
    18 years ago

Kim,
    I found that I was unable to view your photos because I'm not an AOL user. I'd love to see your photos, but unless others from this forum use AOL or one of its cooperating services, you're unlikely to get much feedback. I know how valuable those tips for design can be; I still ask more experienced designers for constructive tips every time I show my flowers. Can others out there suggest other services Kim can use so that we can all view her flowers? Thanks!

• Noni Morrison
    18 years ago

I was able to see them over aol, so here is what I see...BOuquets need more form...your taller flowers should be taller..the last few buds on a delphie only work as a filler. Also, too many things the same shape and size. Try varying them. Put in something lacey and something spikey.

I liked your foxgloves the best.

Also, if you can, pick longer stems even if it means sacrificing a few buds.

I like your colors:-)

Artists talk about "Negative space". That is the area around the main motifs. A like a bouquet to have some negative spaces too rather then a domed look.

• KrazyKim
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you, LizaLily, I welcome your opinion :)

The problem with the foxglove and delphs, taller they fell around in the vase so I cut them down. Probably the floral foam would help.....yes? The other one was just a potpourri of color but I see your point about taller/frillier. I guess my problem is matching vase to flowers.
    If anyone else has a suggestion to a (easier) way to post pics, I'll gladly do it. Thanks everyone!

• flowerfarmer
    18 years ago

Kim, I thought your bouquets were lovely. These are for the stand in front of your house? They don't need to be artsy fartsy for that. For the amount of time it would take to make a bouquet with negative space or like a florist, you wouln't be able to charge enough at your flower stand. It isn't exactly what market customers are looking for anyway. They like the dome shaped or round bouquets. The "take it, and go" type of bouquet.

• KrazyKim
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Flowerfarmer, nope, just trying out arranging for my use in the house. I'm having knee surgery in less than two weeks, so the flowerstand may have to shelved for a while. So, in the meantime, I can practice. Thank you for your compliments. I'm a country girl that likes country stuff.