Return to the Cutting Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help finding perennial liners for fall.

Posted by clink IA-5a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 12:44

I'm looking for sources of perennial liners that I can get now or later in the fall. We are doing a major over-haul of the cutting gardens next year and I don't want to deal with 500 perennials then, along with the annuals and the semi of mulch and the installation of new brick walkways. What a wimp I am!!!!! It would also give many things a good headstart.

I've looked at Blooming Nursery -- but they have a 6 flat minimum -- which fine if I could find six things that I needed.

AMG has lilies but no other perennials that I need.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help finding perennial liners for fall.

Dear Cathy,

Try Gro N Sell - I ordered from them and I am very happy with their service and plants. They have their availability posted on the internet from their site - call soon because they sell out quickly. Perennials planted in the fall are great cause they are putting down roots even in the winter and then in the Spring they have a head start.

Otherwise find out if there is a wholesale broker in your area - they usually handle lots of different growers and they can send you the availability lists of all the growers they handle - they place the order for you and send you the billing. A local nursery could tell you who a broker might be. I use Florasource here - but I think they only handle California.

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Gro N Sell

o

Cathy, I found that Germania Seed Co. were great for finding just about everything. They broker for growers all over the country and the minimums are very reasonable for small growers. Web site Germaniaseed.com.

o

Hi Cathy,

Try AMG again, but talk directly to (yet another) Kathy, one of their VP/sales reps. AMG represents more growers than what is in their catalog--I ordered from Sawyer Greenhouses in Ann Arbor, with AMG as the broker. They also have a 6 flat minimum, but offer a big variety of good cutting plants. Good luck!
Cathy

o

Cathy!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! So far, I have found nothing. And I love AMG's service. I never thought of talking to them.

Put in another bed --- and hope to re-do part of the cutting garden next year ----going to make it more cottage/Victorian feeling with new support system and brick walk-ways. We'll add a few more tutuers for climbing flowers (sweet peas) to add more to the look.

Talk to you later.........email me directly and fill me in on your year.

Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cutting Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here