Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blaithinbeka

Encouragement

blaithinbeka
15 years ago

Hi all. I am in need of some encouragement by my fellow market growers. I am in my second year and have fought pests, disease, weeds, and snooty customers but now I have an even worse enemy...government agents. Our small market was begun some years ago by a local non-profit organization but they made a pact with the devil and allowed the town to build them a very nice facility near downtown. This seemed all great until it became apparent that the town is now in control of the market. Half of we vendors can no longer pull up to our spaces...we must haul our goods in (so we do not drive on the grass that they planted after the fact.) We are essentially given half the space of the other vendors, a 10'X10' square with only one side open to the public. The grassy side is now being filled with new vendors so now we don't even have the space that we would normally park the truck to put unneeded items. I am only about to half of what I potentially will have in amount of flowers in just a few more weeks and I have no idea how I will get all them in 10' X 10' area with still space to put together bouquets and such. Even today was very crowded. I would put up a tent behind me and use this space where the truck would normally be parked but I know this will cause conflict as they are starting to allow new vendors set up on the grass. Would this be wrong? I am feeling very discouraged today....what can I do? This is the only market around that gets enough customers to make it worth it. Please help.

Comment (1)

Sponsored